cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT/PAT

aamestica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i work in a Celular company from Chile, and i have a problem with a NAT/PAT, realy the problem is not with a NAT/PAT, the problem is when 10000 user consulting some webpage like www.google.cl; when this happens www.google.cl take this consulting how a attack, beacause 10000 user consulting the same webpage with the same IP address.

I have a 128 real IP, but the NAT/PAT complete the 65000 port the first IP en then follow with the second IP.

Thanks,}

Help me.

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Break down the NAT configuration into smaller subnets. Do not translate everything to a single IP address.

If you have 128 Public IP addresses, you can create 128 dynamic NAT assignments.

With that said, I recommend using a FireWall (ASA or PIX) for this type of task as the performance is better when doing many address translations. It can be done on a powerful router (7200 or above) but a FW performs better.

HTH,

__

Edison.

I have a 7604, any problem with this router?

Thanks, for your help.

__

Andrés.

Andrés,

It should be fine.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: