Dynamic interface do not obtain IP.

Unanswered Question
May 13th, 2009

we created a dynamic interface on WLC and associated a one ssid using dhcp but this interface do not obtain IP

could you help me to resolve this case on wlc?

regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
lacurcino Wed, 05/13/2009 - 18:29

the dynamic interface requires static IP address, but the wlan clients can get ip using dhcp server.

princesegunloves Thu, 05/14/2009 - 01:39

The dynaminc interface is configure to be static.Then from the GUI goto CONTROLLER----INTERNAL DHCP SERVER----DHCP SCOPE

But the dynamic interface must be in the same ip subnet with the dhcp scope you created. You then need to tie it with the SSID u want. STEP click WLAN-----then the wlan id no---------GENERAL----Inteface u and put the dynamic inteface u just created.

forrestermu Wed, 07/29/2009 - 10:36

I have a similar problem, I have setup one SSID tie to management interface which is configured to using external DHCP server,that works fine. Now I tried to enable a dhcp scope 10.10.10.0/24 on WLC, create dynamic interface 10.10.10.1,and dhcp server point to managment interface, then create another SSID using this dynamic interface, but client can't get ip.

dancampb Wed, 07/29/2009 - 11:07

Are you pointing to an external DHCP server or a scope internal on the controller?

Do you have DHCP proxy enabled or disabled on the controller?

forrestermu Wed, 07/29/2009 - 12:09

First one points to external dhcp through managment interface, second one to a scope internal on the wlc. DHCP proxy is enabled.

Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion