cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic interface do not obtain IP.

lacurcino
Level 1
Level 1

we created a dynamic interface on WLC and associated a one ssid using dhcp but this interface do not obtain IP

could you help me to resolve this case on wlc?

regards,

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Errr ... Dynamic Interface requires STATIC IP Address.

the dynamic interface requires static IP address, but the wlan clients can get ip using dhcp server.

The dynaminc interface is configure to be static.Then from the GUI goto CONTROLLER----INTERNAL DHCP SERVER----DHCP SCOPE

But the dynamic interface must be in the same ip subnet with the dhcp scope you created. You then need to tie it with the SSID u want. STEP click WLAN-----then the wlan id no---------GENERAL----Inteface u and put the dynamic inteface u just created.

I have a similar problem, I have setup one SSID tie to management interface which is configured to using external DHCP server,that works fine. Now I tried to enable a dhcp scope 10.10.10.0/24 on WLC, create dynamic interface 10.10.10.1,and dhcp server point to managment interface, then create another SSID using this dynamic interface, but client can't get ip.

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

Are you pointing to an external DHCP server or a scope internal on the controller?

Do you have DHCP proxy enabled or disabled on the controller?

First one points to external dhcp through managment interface, second one to a scope internal on the wlc. DHCP proxy is enabled.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: