RTSP on iPhone

Unanswered Question
May 13th, 2009

Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows about a program on the iPhone which can play the RTSP playback from the PVC2300 camera´s?? Or is there a workaround to get the iphone to work with RTSP??

Thanks,

Eivind

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
doishi Thu, 05/14/2009 - 12:23

Since there is no native RTSP support in the iPhone, I haven't seen any applications that can view RTSP.  There are a couple of attempted ideas on how to make that work if you do a google search, but doesn't look promising.

Scott Olsen Thu, 07/16/2009 - 10:42

Actually, I've been able to successfully do this.  With both the Linksys and Cisco gear.  Mind you, it's on a jailbroken iPhone running a beta build of VLC media player.

I've been able to stream via WiFi, and both 3G and EDGE over IPSEC VPN ;-)

IPVS 001.png

Cheers!

Eivind Jonassen Thu, 07/16/2009 - 23:19

Scott,

That's great. What about the app store? Can you post your app there?

Thanks,

Eivind

Scott Olsen Fri, 07/17/2009 - 06:15

Like I mentioned above,  it was on a Jailbroken iPhone running a beta build of VLC media player.  Last time I checked, I don't believe there were any Apple sanctioned apps capable of RTSP in the app store.  It would be wonderful if there were.  Obviously there's a demand.

Scott.

S-bruening_2 Thu, 05/06/2010 - 14:37

There is an App in the AppStore called "LinksysCams" which you can buy (3,99 Euro). With this App you can connect to the video stream of all available small business video surviallance cameras (also wvc210) over the local wireless network.

Regards

Steffen

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted May 13, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Stats:
Replies:6 Avg. Rating:
Views:17817 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content