cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit Dial from missed calls does not work with lead #8

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

Our customer requested that we set thier system to use 8 as the outbound lead number rather than 9.

We configured that and it works fine.

But when users try to return a missed call or place a call from their received calls using their call log, they enter EditDial softkey with the lead 8, and the call does not go through. They get a fast busy.

They are using 524SG handsets.

What are we missing ?  telephony-service shows the 8.T , dial peers look correct...are we missing something in CUE ?

Thanks,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It works for SIP too. You just need to modify the rule according to the format that your provider is presenting to you (7 digits, 10 digits, leading "+" sign, etc.).

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Stacy,

Refer to this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3089493#3089493

Thanks,

Marcos

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

Marcos- I want to be sure I am understanding corectly- the thread you sent removes having to use edit dial altogether correct ?

and in the voice-translation rules I can simply replace the 9 with an 8 for my specific case ?

Can you clarify for me please?

I am looking for a solution to fix the use of the lead 8 in the instance of returning calls from the call logs.  EditDial + 8 + 'missed call' does not work.

If your solution to this is to remove the need to EditDial + 8 , I am all for that as well.... but I am not sure if that's what the doc/thread reference is earlier in this discussion.

Please clarify, I need a solution,

Stacy

The thread I pointed you to adds a 9 to the calling number for inbound calls, so when they are listed in the "missed" calls directory you can just select one and hit dial. Just replace the 9 with an 8 and properly identify the dial peers (POTS or VOIP) that will need to have this translation rule for the calling number.

I hope this helps,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Thanks so much- one last question-  will this example config work for a SIP set up ?  or are there slightly different steps involved ?

Stacy

It works for SIP too. You just need to modify the rule according to the format that your provider is presenting to you (7 digits, 10 digits, leading "+" sign, etc.).

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: