mark_Bayliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

We have the following:

WS-C3560G-24TS with c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4

and

WS-C3550-12T with c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-20.EA1a

I would like to compare both IOS we have and see the difference. Why I ask is that the 3550-12T uses EIGRP for routing and I dont think the 3560-24TS supports this. I would like to replace the 3550 with the 3560-24TS.

Can the 3560-24TS be upgraded to an IOS to support the same fucntions as the 3550 and do we need to pay for it?

Regards,

Mark

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark,

An image such as c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE6.bin will provide EIGRP Routing support on your 3560-24TS.

While you can download the image (provided you have a valid Cisco contract associated to your CCO ID), legally - you must purchase the upgrade via a Cisco reseller.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks for this.

We have SMARTnet will this cover?

Also, how do I identify what our IOS image support?

Cheers,

Mark

SmartNet and Cisco contract are the same thing. You are allowed to download software from cisco.com as needed but when it comes to an audit, you must be sure to have the licenses for each IOS you have.

You can identify what IOS image support in term of features by visiting the Cisco Feature Navigator http://www.cisco.com/web/go/fn/index.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thankyou for the quick reply.

You legend!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card