Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-BE / UC - Remove mailbox with user still in AD

reh
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Here is my delima, we are running CUCM-BE 7.0 with LDAP integrated. I have two users that both have mailboxes. However, user A (ext. 7980) was moved to a position where she will not have a phone but will still be using a computer and therefor need an AD account. User B who had ext. 2866 is going to be moving to take over user A's old job. She will inherit extention 7980 and 2866 will not be used for the time being. I went ahead and in CM associated user B with the device and set her primary extention as 7980. I removed device association with user A and have none as her pri extention. On the CM side all is well, however on Unity it will not sync. I am sure this is because user A still exists and because they dont have a primary extention it basically says no. All I really want to do is just remove the mailbox from user A (however cant do this because it is synced with CM which in turn is synced with AD) and then sync user B and it should inherit the new extention (I think). Does anyone know how I can execute this correctly.

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would delete users B's voice mail box in Unity,

then do a search on user A and simply change the extension into 7980, that should do it.

If not delete A's mail box and recreate it.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

That is the problem. Due to the fact that it is AD integrated, how can I remove the mailbox without deleting the user in AD?

When I said "delete voice mail box" I meant, change and/or delete the subsciber

using the unity admin webpages

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So the only way I have found to do this and I have complained to Cisco already about this, is to move the AD user to a different OU that is NOT synced with CUCM or CUC. Once they are moved, resync CUCM, and then in Connection, you delete the subscriber.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: