Views
Helpful
Replies

Major Problem

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Man, it is problem after problem today.

I have a 52 user UC500 with the expansion license for 64 users. I rebooted the UC unit and couldn't get outbound calls. I looked at the CCA and my VIC and T1 slots are showing as empty! I have no idea how this happened or how to get the card to show up again. The VIC card is an additional FXO card we added, but the T1 card is built into the system. Can someone please provide some assistance on how to get the cards to show back up again? Luckilly it is after hours, but come 7am tomorrow morning this is going to be a major mess.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jorge,

Can you email me your TAC case number privately? marchern@cisco.com

I am not aware of any bugs of this magnitude.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

Hi Jorge,

I just tested 48U to 64U licesnse upgrade and it worked fine. UC500 required you to do a 48U to 64U upgrade, so even in the unlikely event that licencse file was invalid or corrupt, the config will still revert back to 48U config. As noted earlier in the thread, the T1 config should not be impacted at all by the license upgrade either. TAC case ID would be very helpful in finding root cause for your issue.

Rgds,

Tomoo

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

Could it be my license file? Is there a way to roll back the license?

It shouldn't have anything to do with the license, since that does not affect the trunks at all, but only user counts.  My money is on configuration that hadn't been saved, or, less likely, a telco problem or hardware problem that was triggered by the reboot.  Again, I recommend getting the TAC on the phone.

Cheers,

Dave.

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you just apply the license upgrade, or was that done in the past and the reboot was for an unrelated reason?  My first thought here is that when the box was configured in previously, the config was not saved, so when the box was reloaded, any changes were lost.  In which case the config will have to be rebuilt.

On the other hand it could be something else entirely.  Given that this is a production system, I'd suggest logging a high priority TAC case and get an engineer on the phone to work through getting the system up and running.  They have the necessary processes in place to ensure you having someone working with you all the way through until this is resolved.

Cheers,

Dave.

The config was saved multiple times throughout the day and has been rebooted successfully. However, we didn't reboot after we applied the license file later this afternoon. I rebooted this evening in an unrelated issue, I am on the phone with TAC now.

Interesting that the Voice Platform is ‘Cisco UC520 Series (8 users)’. It should say (48) users. Hopefully TAC can resolve it.

So we got it resolved. Major warning to all users upgrading their 48user system to the 64user license. DO NOT GO INTO CCA. Apparently their is a little known bug with the CCA that can't read the 64 user license so it defaults back to the 8 user model and deletes the VIC and T1 cards on the system. Luckilly I had a great tech that rebuilt the T1 card through the CLI. Unfortunately now I am not able to use the CCA to do any configuration. Hopefully people upgrading will read this prior to installing the 64 user license. I'll post the bug ID when Cisco sends it to me this afternoon so others can monitor when it gets resolved.

Jorge,

Can you email me your TAC case number privately? marchern@cisco.com

I am not aware of any bugs of this magnitude.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Jorge,

I just tested 48U to 64U licesnse upgrade and it worked fine. UC500 required you to do a 48U to 64U upgrade, so even in the unlikely event that licencse file was invalid or corrupt, the config will still revert back to 48U config. As noted earlier in the thread, the T1 config should not be impacted at all by the license upgrade either. TAC case ID would be very helpful in finding root cause for your issue.

Rgds,

Tomoo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: