Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Loab Balancing with GLBP

davila_jc
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

With GLBP can balance the calls between 2 CUBE?

the origin of the call will be both CCM and router

4 Replies 4

hattingh
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you probably could. It would be more common to use CUCM Route Lists to alternate/load balance calls across multiple CUBEs, this is normally how it is done. Or use DNS.

my question is: over the cucm no problem, my problem is the rtp behavior and the routers on my net, if i need configure 2 dial-peer in each router or only 1 dial-peer to the virtual ip of glbp.

GLBP works by answering ARP requests. If you were sending all of your calls out from a single CUCM subscriber for example, that one subscriber will have the same ARP entry and all outgoing calls will go to the same gateway.

It will work, but I don't think you'll find it to be an efficient load balancing mechanism.

GLBP was designed for first hop redundancy for a subnet of hosts, and I don't think this particular application of GLBP will work well for call load balancing. The idea is that with enough hosts, and by round robining the ARP requests, you can load balance.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: