cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP gateway

fahadqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

My internal Gateways are MGCP and from there i am deploy PRI lines thorugh E1 controller. i want to configuare traslation rules there for some reasons. can any one please tell me how i do that.

9 Replies 9

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

in the case just change it to an H323 gateway

which i think better becasue will give more control

but if u want to stay with MGCP in this case you need to configure your translation in callmanager

good luck

HTH

Thanks for your reply....

i give u one senario can you please help me how i do that. for eg i have 10 DIDs 22251610 till 22251619. i want if someless except for these DIDs are coming translate it with 22251610... please help me i will be very thank full to you

can you please give what exactly you want

is what you want that if some one from you network mak call to OUT side but not with in this range his/her number apear as 22251610 ?

if not give more details

yes i exactly want this thing.

do u have alot of phones?

i am asking becuase you can do it in more tha way

if u have few phones which i guess from the number of DIDs u have

use this way which need to be phone by phone or u can use the updaet phones tolls to update more than one phone at a time in the bulk manue

in the phones u want then to use the DID

let say 2221110 to 2221119

internally u may have the number as 11XX

now for phones withinthis range just go to each phone and make the external number mask in the phone directory number as bellow

lets say u have the number as 2221110

the mask simply will be 222111X

and this apply to all 10 phones u have

for evry phone u want it to use one external number becuase it has no DID

make thmask exactly as the number u want

like 2221111

las step in every route-pattren u use in ur CCM to call out to PSTN make sure to check the check box called somthign like use external number mask to send the phone number as the phone number mask u did

good luck

use this way which need to be phone by phone or u can use the updaet phones tolls to update more than one phone at a time in the bulk manue

now for phones withinthis range just go to each phone and make the external number mask in the phone directory number as bellow

like 2221111

las step in every route-pattren u use in ur CCM to call out to PSTN make sure to check the check box called somthign like use external number mask to send the phone number as the phone number mask u did

good luck

like 2221111

good luck

hattingh
Level 1
Level 1

You cannot do xlation rules on MGCP controlled configurations - the call agent is in control of the call and any digit manipulation that happens on it.

If you want to use xlation rules on the router, you need a dial-peer to attach it to (i.e. you need local call control on the router), and that means that you have to use H.323 or SIP to CUCM.

CH

Thanks you all for ur replies . or in this case i need to deploy H323 ? or i also have a question how its work it easy to manage ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: