Views
Helpful
Replies

%OSPF-4-FLOOD_WAR:

davidhuynh5
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting this error msg in my log.

May 13 11:14:35: %OSPF-4-FLOOD_WAR: Process 2020 re-originates LSA ID 10.51.253.128 type-3 adv-rtr 10.0.1.3 in area 5

May 13 11:18:05: %OSPF-4-FLOOD_WAR: Process 2020 re-originates LSA ID 10.51.253.128 type-3 adv-rtr 10.0.1.3 in area 5

What does this mean and how can I resolve it? Please see attachment. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello David,

this could mean there is a duplicated OSPF Router-ID or LSA-id

examine ospf database on multiple routers to find out what other router originates an LSA with the same LSA id

sh ip ospf database summary 10.51.253.128

see from error message decoder

%OSPF-4-FLOOD_WAR:

Process [dec] [chars] LSA ID [IP_address] type-[dec] adv-rtr [IP_address] in area [chars]

Router is extensively re-originating or flushing the LSA reported by this error message.

Recommended Action: If this router is flushing the network LSA, it means the router received a network LSA whose LSA ID conflicts with the IP address of one of the router's interfaces and flushed the LSA out of the network. For OSPF to function correctly the IP addresses of transit networks must be unique. Conflicting routers are the router reporting this error message and the router with the OSPF router ID reported as adv-rtr in this message. If this router is re-originating an LSA, highly probably some other router is flushing this LSA out of the network. Find that router and avoid the conflict. Conflict for type-2 LSA may be due to duplicate LSA ID, for type-5 LSA it may be duplicate router-id on the router reporting this error message and on the routers connected to the different area.In an unstable network, this message may also warn of extensive re-origination of LSA for some other reason. Contact your Cisco technical support representative to investigate such a case.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card