Dial in solution 2811

Unanswered Question

Good-day

I have a solution currently where a server on my lan dials into remote devices to manage them periodically using serveral analog modems which are directly attached.The remote devices also dial into the server to log events when they occur.

I would like to replace the old analog modems so I have now put in place a cisco 2811 router with the following cards, PVDM2-36DM card and hwic-1ce1t1-pri.

The management software on the server is written in such a way that it needs to see a modem attached via a com port and cannot use normal ip.To get around this I have installed a software called Dialoutez which creates a virtual com port on the Server on which i have installed the cisco digital modem inside the router. When the Software on the Server need to dial a remote device.

Dialoutez establishes a tcp connection with the ip address of the 2811 router on port 7001. This then makes the router use one of its digital modems to dial the requested device.

I have been able to get the dial out to work but I am not sure how to get a remote device to get access to the server because the software on the remote devices do not speak ip. At present they dial directly into the server and access the software via a directly connected analog modem.

question:

Now that the modems are actually in the router is there any way to have the router identify certain modem and tie that modem with the ip address of the Server.Therefore if a call came in on tel number '123' it would go to that modem which would in turn establish a connection with the ip of the server on the lan.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 05/14/2009 - 13:32

On the 2811, you cannot configure each modem spearately. You can set so that for all calls something is done, with the "autocommand" under line configuration.

Actions

This Discussion