Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI on/off not working on some ip phone

bhalchandrarane
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I am faci a issue with the mwi on/off dns, the problem is that when i delete all the messages from the unity mail box still i am getting the mwi led on.

I have checked and found that the problem is with some phones fore.g i have 7940 phones which have same basic and voice mail configuration and have same css and partitioning configuration.

But with some phones i am getting the mwi problem others are working fine.

If any one has idea or faced any issue same like this plz share your experience and how the issue will get resolved

9 Replies 9

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi friend,

You can try this:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/How_to_bulk_refresh_or_re-sync_the_message_waiting_indicator_(MWI)_status_on_the_Cisco_Unity_server

Hope it helps you.

Best regards,

- Adrián.

Hi

This is for to inform you that the follwoing software version is there

Unity --- 5(0) 1

CUCM - 7. (0)

We had already tried resynch many times even tried upgrading the TSP to 8(3).1 still the issue is there

Also many times taken a reboot of the unity server

Not getting any MWI related specific errors in the event logs

The issue is happening with very few phones (15 in no) is there any bug associated with unity 5(0) 1

Also we have recreated the integration with cucm cluster by deleting all the voice mail ports etc

We've had success using the Bulk Logout tool in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot to force a rescan of the mailboxes. You can select the individual mailboxes whose MWI is out of synch.

Hi

I have done the rescan also using the bulk logout tools but problem is still there

Thanks for your advice

Hi Rane,

First thing to try;

Just to check the CSS (Device and Line) of the 15 phones can you try dialing the MWI - On and Off DN's

To find the MWI - On DN (just in case :)

In CCM look up the MW-On number (Feature>Voicemail>Message Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator On )

This will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon and Message will turn on. Then check the MWI-Off (something like 2601) and make sure the phones can reach this number to turn the Lamps off. This will test the ability for these "problem" phones to have MWI access.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply

First thing is that all the devices has same configuration ( CSS and Partition).

Also i have tried dialing he mwi number from phone for the problematic phones i can dial the number on and off but still the message indicator is not going off when i dial the mwi off number ,Also Plz notee that i have line 1 and line 2 i have given the same voice mail profile for line 1 and line 2 for line 2 it is working fine but for line 1 the mwi is not getting off.

Also i have the same line 1 and line 2 configuration for other phone where it is working fine i have checked the css and partition which is same for the working and non working phone.

Is any other config is there which i need to check on device basis

Hi,

I have the exact same issue: just for one user, the MWI never turns OFF.

I am using Unity 5.0 with CUCM 6.1.3. Unity is unified with Exchange 2003 of customer.

MWI numbers can be dialed from the phone without issue, LED is turning ON and OFF.

Same phone and line configuration.

How can I see the return of "unread messages" check against the user mailbox?

Thank you.

Yorick

Yorick,

You can use Outlook Web Access and login to that user's mailbox and see what is read/unread. If everything is read and the light is still on, try clicking the "refresh" button on the user's Messages page in SAWeb. This should resync the user's light. Then leave a new message and delete it and make sure MWI goes ON then OFF. I would also recommend having Port Status Monitor tool open on Unity while you're doing your testing to confirm that Unity is actually dialing the OFF code for this user.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: