DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE

Answered Question
May 14th, 2009

Hello all,

I've aproblem with an AP-1252 which can't finish the accociation procedure.

Please find below the console messages from the AP:

Translating "CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER"...domain server (255.255.255.255)

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: Controller address 172.16.10.30 obtained through DHCP

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: Did not get log server settings from DHCP.

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: Did not get any DNS options from DHCP.

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: Performing DNS resolution for CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: DNS Name Lookup: could not resolve CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to JOIN

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Join Timer: did not recieve join response (controller - WLC2112)

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Set Transport Address: no more AP manager IP addresses remain

%SYS-4-PUPDATECLOCK: Periodic Clock update with ROMMON failed, because size left in ROMMON (4294967295), size needed (29), error code (-1)

%SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET JOIN RESPONSE.

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

IOS Bootloader - Starting system.

Please can somebody give me an advice how to proceed with this ?

Best regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by princesegunloves about 7 years 6 months ago

According to tour output result it show that the DNS cannot resolves CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER. Cisco have is own way of configure DNS. check this:

Microsoft Windows 2003 DNS Server for Wireless

LAN Controller (WLC) Discovery Configuration

Example

Document ID: 107606

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Thu, 05/14/2009 - 15:54

Sometimes when the error message of "no more AP manager IP addresses remain" appears, it could mean that the LAP has exceeded the number of AP's the WLC can control.

_cdale Tue, 03/13/2012 - 07:35

Hi,

I have had a very similar issue. After further troubleshooting, the No more AP manager IP addresses remain issue. It was down to the 3750 WLC we have, having a IP for the controller 192.168.100.24 Also has a AP manager interface using an ip of 192.168.100.26

The .26 IP address was recently used elsewhere on the network, due to the IP not responding to pings. We changed the IP address on the switch. And this in turn resolved the issue.Hope this helps

Correct Answer
princesegunloves Thu, 05/14/2009 - 23:30

According to tour output result it show that the DNS cannot resolves CISCO-LWAPP-CONTROLLER. Cisco have is own way of configure DNS. check this:

Microsoft Windows 2003 DNS Server for Wireless

LAN Controller (WLC) Discovery Configuration

Example

Document ID: 107606

Actions

This Discussion