Views
Helpful
Replies

End to end connectivity tool strange behavior

eric.krejci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several Clariion connected to a MDS 9509 running SANOS 3.3.1c.

From Fabric Manager I ran the end to end connectivity tool against a zone-set.

After the tool ran, I received several warning from my Clariion regarding initiators logged in but not registered.

I checked and noticed that the WWN were the one utilized by the MDS to issue fcping.

But I'm wondering why these initiators are still logged in my Clariion?

Someone can tell my how to disconnect these initiators ?

Many thanks

Eric

3 Replies 3

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure they are still logged in to the Clarion? If so, the only way I would know to clear them would be to do it from the Clarion.

I thought that the tool would issue PLOGI to all devices in the zone, and any response would be treated as okay. If the PLOGI was accepted, the MDS should follow up with a LOGO.

I thought that the Clarion would only permit devices that were configured to plogin successfully. I thought that any device not permitted in the Clarion config would be rejected.

Is there any way to clear them out from the Clarion side?

- Mike

I have seen issues where Switch VSAN WWN shows logged in Clariion. The workaround would be shut/no shut the interface where the Clariion SP's are attached to MDS Switch

The MDS will try to determine what is attached to it...if there is a line card that supports ISCSI or the intelligent fabric services like write accel or san tap installed...so it is possible that the MDS would PLOGI to any device registering as a target. Obviously bounding the interface to the Clarion would kill any host sessions...but the MDS would still attempt to determine what the capabilities upon the re-login.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: