Helpful
Replies

Mobility Question

rod.blackie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello netpro's

easy question I think.

UCM7 Mobility - I have a mobility profile configured and set up 3 external mobile numbers for 1 phone - when a calls comes into UCM 7 for the phone with mobility configured and all three mobile phone's ring - when a mobile answers the call - does that mean the session now exisits between the UCM 7 system and mobile, or does UCM 7 act as a redirector and the session exsist between the caller and mobile.

I hope I explained that clear enough - basically If I configure mobility for my company - will my company see an increase in telephone calls going out from UCM due to mobility.

Thanks

Rod

3 Replies 3

khurramsiddiqi1
Level 1
Level 1

Its a Mobile Connect Feature and in this scenerio when a call came in for an IP Phone and you configured remote destination for that phone.When that remote phone answers the call, the call originates from the UCM to the remote phone. Hence the relationship will be like this

Original Caller-->UCM-->Remote Phone

The SRND explains the whole process and even has diagrams

Mobile Connect Functionality

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1043611

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The remote call CUCM makes is pretty much a share line appearance. And if you have 3 external phones dialing, that is three pstn channels you need (FYI) But once the call is connected... the IP phone and the remote destination are shared line appearances and they have certain functions between the two. The remote caller could put the call on hold, and the IP phone could pick it up. (remote caller is dropped then)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: