cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation patterns Issue ???

wahidayat007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we are using translation patterns for our 50 sites, by using *036, which translate to (02345566) and *037 transalate to (03344667). Now the Telephone provider changed the numbers nation wide and increased the 8 digits to 10. Now (02345566) number will be changed to (023 99 45566) and same for the 2nd number. I tried to change the number in Call Manager--translation pattern--Called Party Transform Mask, and I thought it would work! but when I dial *036, it does not go through and and get usual message! when I change this to an old number, then it does go through! Can some one help me regarding this issue!

Also I checked the dial-peers in the router! which are:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

progress_ind alert enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:15

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

destination-pattern 850.

session target ipv4:192.168.XXX.XXX

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 3 voip

destination-pattern 01..

session target ipv4:192.168.XXXX

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 4 voip

preference 1

destination-pattern 01..

session target ipv4:192.168.XXXX

codec g711ulaw

no vad

Any reply will be appreciated!

Thanks

5 Replies 5

sebastiandm
Level 1
Level 1

What happens if you dial the number manually from one of the phones onsite ? Have you checked your route patterns, maybe you have a match which is being blocked. You could also try dialling the number directly from the gateway using csim start if h.323.

Yes, when I dial manually it automatically decrease the digit from 10 to 8, I mean it does not show the last two digit in the number on the IP phone screen. It seems to me that I need to upgrade the dial plan software in Call Manger to support 10 digits>

I just use one route pattern 9.@ thats it!

Can you send me the procedure, how to dial directly from the Gateway ?

If you have any other idea, please let me know.

thanks

Hi,

Seems you have a problem with your dialplan. Insert this route pattern:

9.02399XXXXX

and let me know if this works.

Like earlier I said, I just use 9.@, which suppose to dial any number digits, like If I dial mobile numbers, it goes through, but if I dial the landline new provisioned numbers, it does not go through!

what difference would that make (9.02399XXXXX) ?

Thanks

Well, I tried the above route pattern (9.02399XXXXX) it worked with 10 digits, but I got issue with this, Now the 8 digits remote numbers can't be dialed!

9.@ means you can dial anywhere and any number of digits, but in my case it the first the translations patterns is working fine, but when I change the called party number from 8 digits to 10 digits, I get error message. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: