LMS 3.1 RME Jobs taking a long time then hanging or failing

Answered Question
May 15th, 2009
User Badges:

Our RME Jobs in general are hanging or taking an extremely long time and failing.

A recent example is an archive sync job for 6 devices that took over 6 hours and failed. Fetch setting timeout is set at 120 seconds per device. How can I troubleshoot this?

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 7 years 10 months ago

That is the right file to be patched. The MD5 checksum of the file with all of the patches is 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e. The file should be installed to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib. Make sure you named the backup of the original file xdi.jar.orig.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Joe Clarke Fri, 05/15/2009 - 09:39
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

This is most likely one of the following known bugs: CSCsx24218, CSCsv95235, and/or CSCsw88378. A patch for all is available by contacting the TAC. They are all triggered if you are using SSHv2 to fetch the configs.

chris.mcgarrah@... Fri, 05/15/2009 - 10:44
User Badges:

I did open a case with TAC (SR 611452229) and referred them to this thread. They provided me with an updated xdi.jar file.


I put that new file in place per the instructions and restarted the crmdmgtd but still have the problem.


Was that the patch to which you are referring, or is there something else?

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Fri, 05/15/2009 - 10:57
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

That is the right file to be patched. The MD5 checksum of the file with all of the patches is 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e. The file should be installed to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib. Make sure you named the backup of the original file xdi.jar.orig.

chris.mcgarrah@... Fri, 05/15/2009 - 11:05
User Badges:

That's the location. I created the backup as you have it listed. I'm not sure how to validate the checksum. File size is 5,011,227 bytes

Joe Clarke Fri, 05/15/2009 - 11:07
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

This is not the correct file. The correct file has a byte size of 5,011,319 bytes. You will also need to download an md5 checksum tool from the Internet. Just do a Google search, they are easy to find.

chris.mcgarrah@... Fri, 05/15/2009 - 11:17
User Badges:

OK, I've definitely got the wrong one. The MD5 checksum for this file is F975E723E3DFE8FA18AF49A5F619BC9B


Can you post the correct file? It took a day and a half to get the wrong one from TAC.


Thanks.

Joe Clarke Fri, 05/15/2009 - 11:22
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

I cannot post code to Netpro. Your engineer should be able to find the correct file as it has been provided to a number of other customers. They can escalate the SR if need be.

chris.mcgarrah@... Thu, 05/21/2009 - 09:52
User Badges:

I received the correct xdi.jar from TAC and it seems to have resolved my issue. I will know for certain once I attempt a job with a large number of devices. I've pushed configs to 10 devices so far without issue. Thanks for your help.

Joe Clarke Thu, 05/21/2009 - 09:55
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

Yes, your engineer contacted me, and I provided my xdi.jar.

Actions

This Discussion