cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 RME Jobs taking a long time then hanging or failing

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

Our RME Jobs in general are hanging or taking an extremely long time and failing.

A recent example is an archive sync job for 6 devices that took over 6 hours and failed. Fetch setting timeout is set at 120 seconds per device. How can I troubleshoot this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is the right file to be patched. The MD5 checksum of the file with all of the patches is 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e. The file should be installed to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib. Make sure you named the backup of the original file xdi.jar.orig.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely one of the following known bugs: CSCsx24218, CSCsv95235, and/or CSCsw88378. A patch for all is available by contacting the TAC. They are all triggered if you are using SSHv2 to fetch the configs.

I did open a case with TAC (SR 611452229) and referred them to this thread. They provided me with an updated xdi.jar file.

I put that new file in place per the instructions and restarted the crmdmgtd but still have the problem.

Was that the patch to which you are referring, or is there something else?

That is the right file to be patched. The MD5 checksum of the file with all of the patches is 326986eef9c9e46801a8623014ddd07e. The file should be installed to NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib. Make sure you named the backup of the original file xdi.jar.orig.

That's the location. I created the backup as you have it listed. I'm not sure how to validate the checksum. File size is 5,011,227 bytes

This is not the correct file. The correct file has a byte size of 5,011,319 bytes. You will also need to download an md5 checksum tool from the Internet. Just do a Google search, they are easy to find.

OK, I've definitely got the wrong one. The MD5 checksum for this file is F975E723E3DFE8FA18AF49A5F619BC9B

Can you post the correct file? It took a day and a half to get the wrong one from TAC.

Thanks.

I cannot post code to Netpro. Your engineer should be able to find the correct file as it has been provided to a number of other customers. They can escalate the SR if need be.

I received the correct xdi.jar from TAC and it seems to have resolved my issue. I will know for certain once I attempt a job with a large number of devices. I've pushed configs to 10 devices so far without issue. Thanks for your help.

Yes, your engineer contacted me, and I provided my xdi.jar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco