Views
Helpful
Replies

Java Midlets Requirements

mikewilusz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to do some initial development of a MIDlet on CUCM 7.0(2a). On the 2 MIDlets I've tried the phone just errors out saying to contact an administrator. I dumped the logs from the phone and see this:

NOT 09:01:18.285808 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ai:? - VerifyJar:(JarFile:/usr/cache/JAR-1032198057

WRN 09:01:18.289093 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ai:? - verifyJar--(CurrentLoad:(SCCP45.8-4-3S),JAD has no signature, CANNOT BE INSTALLED

NOT 09:01:18.295513 JVM: Startup Module Loader - Deletion of file Successful/usr/cache/JAR-1032198057

ERR 09:01:18.304426 JVM: 9:01:18a|Install Exception: Invalid signature: null

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ai.b(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ai.a(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule.a(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.y.a(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.y.sinkMessage(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.n.sinkMessage(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.a(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.e(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.l.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

NOT 09:01:18.307772 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Midlet Install Canceled/Error...AnalogWatch

NOT 09:01:18.729701 JVM: Startup Module Loader - Deletion of file Successful/usr/cache/JAD-610373408

It looks as though the phone is looking for the JAD to have a signature. All the MIDlets I have found so far are un-signed. What's the actual requirement for the MIDlet to operate on the phone (load SCCP45.8-4-3S)?

-Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phones require a Cisco signed midlet. Currently only a few Cisco-developed midlets (such as a Unity voice mail app) are being released.

Hopefully in the near future (probably dependent on new, more capable phone hardware) midlet development will be opened up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phones require a Cisco signed midlet. Currently only a few Cisco-developed midlets (such as a Unity voice mail app) are being released.

Hopefully in the near future (probably dependent on new, more capable phone hardware) midlet development will be opened up.

Thanks for the response. Well I'll look forward to Cisco providing midlets to extend application functionality for the time being.

-Mike