cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7: Phone System Trunks

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I'm trying to get a transfer from one phone system integration out another phone system integration port.

Not working. I understand that by default it uses the same port it came in on, but I was hoping to use phone system trunks. No luck.

Documentation is lacking. :(

4 Replies 4

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If a call came in on one port, it will be transfered back out on the same port. However if a call comes in on one integration and dials an extension id of an object assigned to a diffrent integration, Cisco Unity Connection can pre-pend a trunk number in front of the transfer string.

You configure this in Cisco Unity Connection Administration (CUCA). In CUCA, expand Telephony Integrations, then click Trunk.

On the Search Phone System Trunks page, on the Phone System Trunk menu, click New Phone System Trunk.

On the New Phone System Trunk page, enter the following settings for the phone system trunk and click Save.

From Phone System

Click the display name of the phone system that you are creating a trunk for.

To Phone System

Click the display name of the phone system that the trunk will connect to.

Trunk Access Code

Enter the extra digits that Cisco Unity Connection must dial to transfer calls through the gateway to extensions on the other phone system.

So you are saying no matter what, the call will always go out the same integration it comes in on?

The only option I have, is to prepend a prefix on the number being dialed via the phone system trunk definitions?

Is there no way to route a call coming in on one integration out another integration?

Just to confirm here, When you insert a code into this section, the call actually transfer from Unity, with Code + transfer number to CUCM, then CUCM routes the call?

I answered my own question. So I used a "6" in my between integration 1 to integration 2. Unity transfer to CUCM with 6XXXX. I created a route pattern, 6.XXXX. PreDot strip the 6 and the call routed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: