General Deliver Mailbox

jorgediaz77
Level 1
Level 1

I created a general delivery mailbox using the following steps:

- Created new Group and assigned it extension 902

- Added several users to the Group

- Added a mailbox to the Group

From inside the office if you dial extension 902, I also have my auto attendant option 0 set to forward to extension 902. Both return a busy signal. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Jorge

8 Replies 8

Doesn't 902 overlap with your dialplan for outbound (PSTN) calls?

Marcos

I don't think so, but just to make sure I changed the group and mailbox extension to 202 which I know isn't used. I have attached a 'show run | sec ephone' and a 'show run | sec dial' if that helps.

Thanks,

Jorge

OK. Just to be sure, did you configure the group in CCA? If so, what type of group did you define?

Thanks,

Marcos

I can't get into the CCA so I did this all through the CUE web interface. I gave them the following privledges: Administration via Telephone, Voice Mail Broadcaster - Local & Network, Voice Mail Broadcaster - Local, Integrated Messaging'

Extension is 202

There are 4 users that are set as 'Members'

the default Cisco user is set as 'Owner'

OK. You created the GDM but this does not mean you have created a group of phones. I understand now. You have to create a DN now, with extension 202 and do call forward busy/noan to the voicemail pilot number. Then you point whatever you want to this DN. The members in the GDM will get an option in their personal voicemail to check the GDM.

You could also create a ephone hunt-group or voice hunt-group with pilot 202 and final number teh voicemail extension. There are many things you can do :-)

Marcos

You have done it once again, thanks Marcos!

This doesn't actually create the DN in CME.  You can add it via the CME gui, but I don't know how that will work with CCA.  You could also add it via CLI and the out of band guide with CCA. 

Alternatively, you could use CCA, and create a hunt group.  What are you trying to do with this GDM?  Do you want it to ring everyone?

How did you make your changes?  I do not see 902 anywhere in the config.  Can you go back and see that your changes are there?  Did you add the 902 ext to any users on the system?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: