CCIE Lab Exam Locations

Unanswered Question
May 16th, 2009

Hi folks,

I just rescheduled my CCIE RnS Lab exam from Sydney(in Sept) to Tokyo(in Oct) to allow myself more time for the exam preparation.

I have some questions for the Tokyo lab. Has anyone taken any CCIE lab exam in Tokyo before? I would be much appreciated if you can share us briefly your

experience for the proctor on duty? Was the proctor a Japanese and able to speak fluent English when you clarified with him any of the lab questions that was not so clear.

Are candidates allow to study CCIE exam materials on their laptops during the one hour lunchbreak. Was the proctor onsite also the same person who graded your result after the exam?

Thanks all in advance.

Peter Lee

Overall Rating: 3.5 (3 ratings)
tperrier Sun, 05/17/2009 - 10:25

I believe you can talk to the proctor in Tokyo in English. No studying during lunch break (one hour, really? In other locations I know, there's only 30 mn). Grading is usually done offsite (at least that's my understanding, and is the only way one can get the results a few hours after lab end).

yycsandman007 Mon, 05/18/2009 - 20:59

Hi there....I wrote the CCIE RS lab exam in Tokyo last year. The proctor was fantastic, and spoke fluent english. He was actually from Canada originally, as am I, so we hit it off right away. Everything is explained in english only, and it is done painstakingly slow for the benefit of the candidates who do not have english as a first language. I also had nightmares before my exam that I would get there and everything would be explained in Japanese, and when I opened the exam binder, everything was also written in Japanese. No such worries. Everything in English. There was just one weird thing on the keyboard that was different from the north american keyboard....can't even remember now...it was like the colon or something. No study materials are allowed to be referenced during the lunch break. Lunch is brought in for you, and you eat as a group, with the proctor, in the briefing room outside the lab exam room. Hot and cold drinks are provided. Bathroom breaks obviously allowed, one person at a time only though. And apparently cheating is a big problem at this location, so no watches, pens, pencils, candy, gum, phones, pagers, or basically anything. had to turn pockets inside out.

Hope this helps!

yclee_peter88 Mon, 05/18/2009 - 23:42

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for sharing with us in this forum your CCIE lab testing experience in Tokyo which are helpful and convincing enough. Just one more thing I am curious about : are candidates allowed to run Windows accessories like wordpad or calculator on their terminals? I find these tools are really time-saver when answering certain questions along the way. Thanks again.

Peter Lee

Actions

This Discussion