cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G Static config

tcummins857
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Hope someone can help with this problem. I work on a site which has two totally separate networks. Each network has its own juniper Router,both of which are housed in my comms cabinet however, as it is a managed service they are soon to put us onto a single router which will host both IP ranges for the two networks. here is where I need help. I have been told to buy a Cisco 3750G layer 3 switch and configure it for the two networks from one router: The details the managed service have provided of the two current routers are:

Router 1: fe 0/0/0 25.9.5.158/27 static 25.9.26.0/24 - 25.9.5.131

Router 2: fe 1/3/0 25.8.83.129/26 static 25.8.128.0/21 - 25.8.83.136

can someone please advise on exactly what they are asking me to do. many many many thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, may I suggest that if you do not have networking experience, hire a reputable professional for the job.

That will avoid you a lot of frustration qne mistakes.

Agreed, I am looking at getting a consultant in, but I obviously need to be able to justify this so need to know exactly what they are trying to do i.e. is it a vlan, iproute, etc, need to know what the concept is.

You may not even need a L3 switch after all, or perhaps a smaller one than the 3750G, I think once you have a good consultant sit with both network administrators they will clarify everything and go for the better solution.

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

I have lots of questions. Maybe a before and after diagram showing who owns/manages what would help?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card