cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750G Static config

tcummins857
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Hope someone can help with this problem. I work on a site which has two totally separate networks. Each network has its own juniper Router,both of which are housed in my comms cabinet however, as it is a managed service they are soon to put us onto a single router which will host both IP ranges for the two networks. here is where I need help. I have been told to buy a Cisco 3750G layer 3 switch and configure it for the two networks from one router: The details the managed service have provided of the two current routers are:

Router 1: fe 0/0/0 25.9.5.158/27 static 25.9.26.0/24 - 25.9.5.131

Router 2: fe 1/3/0 25.8.83.129/26 static 25.8.128.0/21 - 25.8.83.136

can someone please advise on exactly what they are asking me to do. many many many thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, may I suggest that if you do not have networking experience, hire a reputable professional for the job.

That will avoid you a lot of frustration qne mistakes.

Agreed, I am looking at getting a consultant in, but I obviously need to be able to justify this so need to know exactly what they are trying to do i.e. is it a vlan, iproute, etc, need to know what the concept is.

You may not even need a L3 switch after all, or perhaps a smaller one than the 3750G, I think once you have a good consultant sit with both network administrators they will clarify everything and go for the better solution.

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

I have lots of questions. Maybe a before and after diagram showing who owns/manages what would help?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco