Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1231G-A-K9---Mesh

asif.naveed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I have these APs (AIR-AP1231G-A-K9) with 2.4 Ghz.I need Mesh Technology.Is it possible if i use modules of 5 GHz antennas and change IOS of APs from fat to lightweight and use controller.

Can any one please confirm? or give some suggestion.

Second can someone please give me the exact detail of this process (Part Number of 5 Ghz antennas etc)

Regards

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Asif,

Q. Which indoor access points support enterprise wireless mesh?

A. Enterprise Wireless Mesh functionality is supported on the following indoor access points: Cisco Aironet AP1131AG and Cisco Aironet AP1242AG. It is not available on the 2.4 GHz single band platforms at this time.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6521/prod_qas0900aecd806bde44_ns767_Networking_Solutions_Q_and_A.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Dear Huffman

Thanks for response.Actually one Antenna of 5 Ghz in form of module can be inserted in this APs (as per my knowledge).Second Latest Mesh IOS of controller support this APs.I just need 100% confirmation so that i can make the design and other stuff.

Regards

Hi Asif,

I have gone through the Release notes for many of the WLC versions and cannot see where any of them support the 1231 in a Mesh configuration. They support the 1231 as a Lightweight AP but not a "Mesh" AP;

Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution Components

•Cisco Aironet 1130AG, 1240AG, 1522, and 1524 Mesh Access Points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note This release does not support Cisco Aironet 1505 and 1510 access points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Cisco Aironet 1100, 1130, 1140, 1200, 1230AG, 1240, 1250, 1300, and AP801 Series Lightweight Access Points

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn521780.html#wp233793

Can you please link the version you are referring to, so we can check it out :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card