WLC 4402 and LAP1252

Unanswered Question
May 17th, 2009

Hi,

I have a WLC4402 and have been able to associate a LAP1252 with it. I have a WLAN (SSID Test1) on the same subnet as the management interface. Test1 is associated with the management interface and clients are able join that WLAN and obtain an IP address from the scope for the management VLAN 10.

I created a dynamic interface called HRINT with VLAN 20, created a second WLAN called HR and associated it with the HRINT. I have a scope for the HR WLAN, but not able to obtain an IP address.

my switchport on the Cisco switch is trunking and allowing the vlan for the management and HRINT. I also noticed when i use the WLC GUI to view the dynamic interface HRINT created it says disable, is this normal? Why am I not able to obtain an IP address from the new WLAN created.

Have been banging my head for two days :-)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Sun, 05/17/2009 - 14:36

When you created your dynamic interface HRINT, did you specify the DHCP IP Address of the Management IP Address of the WLC?

dancampb Mon, 05/18/2009 - 09:20

The interface showing disabled is most likely under the dynamic AP management column which is what you want to see for a dynamic interface.

Where is your DHCP server, on the controller, switch, router, external server?

Can the controller ping the default gateway of the dynamic interface?

Actions

This Discussion