cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-7935 ERROR MESSAGE CANNOT CONTACT TFTP

vgioia5090
Level 1
Level 1

I HAVE A 7935 AND A CME VER 4 AND I CANT GET IT PAST THE ABOVE MESSAGE. I TRIED THE **#** AND NO RESPONCE AND ALSO NO RESPONCE TO ANY OTHER BUTTON INCLUDING THE MENU BUTTON. THE UNIT DOES GET AN IP ADDRESS BUT CANNOT BE ACCESSED BY HTTP OR TELNET, BUT DOES RESPOND TO A PING... PLEASE HELP THANKS

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Which firmware you are using?

Try **1 or **# only.

DHCP or static?

i did try but i get no responce. i cant get into the programming at all, and im not sure whate version its running.

nesharm2
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you do NOT configure the command Switchport voice vlan command on the switch. as per this document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080891554.shtml

Make sure to check your DHCP setting do NOT include option 151. The 7935 may hang with this option on.

i did check into this and there doesnt seem to be any issues, is there a way to get into programming prior to the obtaining the ip address? i tried **#**, **1, and **# and dont get any response.

I have cases where the key set does not respond...and RMA was the only option.

If your phone is under warranty you can try the same

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: