Helpful
Replies

Multiple vlans no SSID receiving

jorg.ramakers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm very new to configuring wap.

I want to configure multiple vlans on my wireless device 1242 AG.

When i configure the AP with vlans, i don't reveice the SSID anymore, when configuring back to old config, everything working normal.

The situation is as folows : a switch with native vlan 1, management vlan 210, trunk port on the switch with no native vlan, and allowing all vlans.

The config of my ap is included in this topic.

Anyone an idea why it is not working?

even if i remove the native option after 210 it is not working and the AP

Thanks

J.

4 Replies 4

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Devices on your wireless LAN that are configured to associate to a specific access point based on the access point MAC address (such as client devices, repeaters, hot standby units, or workgroup bridges) might lose their association when you add or delete a multiple BSSID. When you add or delete a multiple BSSID, check the association status of devices configured to associate to a specific access point. If necessary, reconfigure the disassociated device to use the BSSID new MAC address.

Hi,

Clients are not configured to use an access point based on a mac-address. It just seems not to work with multiple vlans.

Ik i configure just 1 interface (no subinterfaces) my laptop will connect to the AP, if i configure multiple vlans, it won't work.

Please help

Best regards

J.

Hi J.,

The problem is you have configured the SSID in VLAN 40 to use WPA, but don't have encryption set on VLAN 40.

Change the following line:

encryption mode ciphers aes-ccm

to:

encryption vlan 40 mode ciphers aes-ccm

It will then start working.

-Matt

Thanks, Will try it later this week and post if it successful was or not.

Regards

J.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: