cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Confusing DMA output

ANDREW STRINGER
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently migrating a Unified CallManager cluster 4.2(3) to Unified Communications Manager 6.1(3) during this process I receive the following output:

DMA Validation

There is a mismatch between the ServerName 172.20.3.240 in the DMA File (Windows DB) and the IP address 160.10.101.245 of this machine. Install will remap the ServerName 172.20.3.240 to 160.10.101.245

I have read through the documentation and understand that due to the reconfiguration of the ServerName to IP address that this message will occur, remove DNS reliance. What I cannot understand is 160.10.101.245 is my FTP server address which has never been configured in the CallManager database?

If I select proceed the migration is successful and the first node has the correct IP address of 172.20.3.240?

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

What was the hostname of windows cucm ?

what is the hostname now?

Same IP addresses?

at which stage youre seeing this error?

during DMA import while installing 6.1.3 and importing data?

If all is good i think you should be ok.

Many thanks for your reply.

The version 4.2(3) servername was configured to an IP address to remove DNS reliance 172.20.3.240, the hostname was BHO-PUB.

During the installation of CUCM 6.1(3) the hostname was configured to be BHO-PUB with an IP address of 172.20.3.240, the same address as before. Yes the mismatch was reported during the DMA import. The DMA file is stored on a server 160.10.101.245, using FTP to transfer the file. My confusion is why would the DMA refer to the FTP server's IP address for remaping.

The cluster is up and working with no apparent problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: