cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE New Messages is -1

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

I set a customer up with IMAP integration.  They called me saying they are having problems. It says mailbox is full for one user.  Another is having unspecified errors.  I looked at both users in CUE.  The full user is not close to full. They are at 29%.  Both users have a -1 for new messages.  I think this is the problem.

7 Replies 7

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I just did a fast experiment using a SPA525G WiFi phone set up with Voice View Express, IMAP Integration from MS Outlook, and monitored it from the CME GUI.

I used the default mailbox size of 775 Seconds.  I deposited messages of various lengths until I came to 99% used and I could no longer deposit any new messages for this user (default message size is 2 seconds, so 99% was full at 774 seconds used in my case).  I heard the voice mail rejection greeting when trying to save a message, and saw the text warning on VVE that I was filled.

I then checkeed VVE view on the phone, IMAP View from Outlook, and CME GUI View and they were all consistent and accurate.

I then listened to a few messages from the phone, deleted some saved messages from IMAP, listened to and deleted a few from the VVE GUI on the phone, and even used remote access to logon and delete a few voice mails, and  and kept checking V.V.E., IMAP and CME GUI until I had the mail box down to 1% used with 1 short saved message in it.

I didnt see any anomaly (I was looking to see if I could get mine to -1 on the CME GUI) but didn't.

I loaded the views of each on this web community:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9658

I am thinking you need to file a case or help us to understand a method to reproduce the problem.

I am not sure how to clear out the -1 problem, maybe someone else can share or maybe PDI or TAC can help there.....

I attached a screenshot.

Is there a way to reset the message counts?

Jason,

this is a known issue documented by the following software defect:

CSCsq77507    Negative message count seen while deleting messages through imap

It will be fixed with CUE v7.0, due in a few weeks, in time with CCA 2.0.

In the meantime, you can try a MWI refresh from the CUE CLI, since that seems to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,  I've noticed that you come up with known issues such as this one in these discussions ocassionally.  Can you point me to where these issues are documented?

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Some issues are internally found (like the one I mentioned in this thread) and some others are externally found. You can browse these defects using our Software Bug Toolkit, available on:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl

Hope this helps,

Marcos

For Partners, we give you a similar tool called BUG TOOLKIT.

Go to Partner Central and log in.   Select Support and find Bug Toolkit.

In this case you would need to enter search criteria for 'Cisco Unity Express'  for 'Voice Systems', and open up all severity levels (default is limiting to 1,2,3) and you can also find it:

BugToolkit.JPG

Can you try to use MWI refresh?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: