cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Controller & Juniper Netscreen Firewall

g.roselt
Level 1
Level 1

I I have a Cisco WLC 4402 plugged into a Cisco Switch 3750 with 10 Access Points connected to this switch.

I have a Juniper Netscreen 5XT Firewall, that I wish to place on this wireless network. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a Juniper FW and Cisco WLC?

First Question would be were would I place the firewall?

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

NetScreen IDP Device and Server Support

MARS supports multiple versions of NetScreen IDP. How this support is realized within MARS differs based on the version of the sensor that you are running.

•NetScreen IDP-Management Server-The NetScreen IDP Management Server is the management software for IDP version 2.x and 3.x sensors. Usually, the IDP-Management Server is installed on the IDP appliance. However, it can be removed from the IDP appliance an and installed on a Solaris or Linux server. In MARS, IDP v2.1 and 3.x are both supported as agents on a Linux host running IDP-Management Server.

•NetScreen Security Manager- (NSM) provide support for the following NetScreen sensors:

-NetScreen IDP 4.0

-NetScreen IDP 4.1

MARS does not support multiple reporting devices on the same host (as defined by reporting IP address), IDP-Management Server and NSM cannot co-exist on the same host unless they report to MARS via different IP addresses. However, you can define multiple sensors per management server.

JASON BOYERS
Level 5
Level 5

Are you trying to firewall between the WLC and the access points, or between the WLC and the outside or other subnets? In essence, you are really not firewalling the wireless network, per se. You are firewalling the wired network, which may include traffic/subnets from the wireless network. Placement is dependent upon what needs to be protected from what.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: