Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot get the serial number via SNMPGET/SNMPWALK for a Cisco WLC

Not applicable

I am trying to get serial number via SNMPGET/SNMPWALK for a Cisco WLC but didn't get any. here the result I get " snmp -c public wlc123" the output is "End of MIB" nothing else. how I can get this information. thanks in Advance.

10 Replies 10

Sven Hruza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

On our WLC (type 4402 with software 5.1.151.0) the OID for the serial number is

It is the object "entPhysicalSerialNum".

Under 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1. you will find a lot of information about the wlc like type or software.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The WLC does not enable SNMPv1 by default. You might try with the following (assuming net-snmp):

snmpwalk -v 2c -c wlc123 ...

Thanks, yes one of the issue was snmp version, my script used v-1. now I am using "snmpget -v 2c -c public -t 2 wlc123 mib-2.47.1.1.1.1.11.1 " I didn't get all information I want, I am looking the following information. which mib/mibs I need. WLC model is 4.1.185.0

$IP = '';

$name = '';

$cpu = '';

$model = '';

$OS = '';

$RAM = '';

$phylocation = '';

$firmware = '';

$serialno = '0';

As Joe wrote you can do a snmpget -v 2c on the whole WLC.

You will get all available snmp parameters of the WLC where you can pick your needed mibs.

thank for your response,yes the version issue has been resolved my problem is now. I want pull the firmware information from WLC and added this line on my perl script -"$firmwareresults = `/opt/OV/bin/snmpget -c public -t 2 $IP cisco.local.lsystem.sysConfigName.0 2>&1`;"

with this I am able pull firmware information from half of my wlc however other half respond with this error "wlc123 cisco.local.lsystem.sysConfigName.0 : VARBIND EXCEPTION: No Such Object" is there any better way specifically get firmware info. thanks again for your help!!!

Did you try the OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.10 ?

yes and I got error, entityMIB.entityMIBObjects.entityPhysical.entPhysicalTable.entPhysicalEntry.entPhysicalSoftwareRev : VARBIND EXCEPTION: No Such Instance" here is my WLC information "System Information

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.

Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller

Product Version.................................. 4.1.185.0

RTOS Version..................................... 4.1.185.0

Bootloader Version............................... 4.0.217.0

Build Type....................................... DATA + WPS

System ObjectID.................................. 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.1.1.4.3

Primary Boot Image............................... Code 4.1.185.0 (active)

Backup Boot Image................................ Code 4.0.217.0

so the strange thing is I have 30 all the same model/ however 20 out of 30 is fine with "cisco.local.lsystem.sysConfigName.0" rest 10 of them just keep syaing "No Such Object"

All your WLCs use the same software version and 10 of the 30 don't work?

Very strange!

Did you try to do a snmpget for all mibs on a not working device?

Perhaps the OID for software version has changed between two releases....I don't know....

yes it is strange, I did get other snmpget result from these WLC except the firmware information. ex.

snmpget -v 2c -c public -t 2 wlc123 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0

system.sysLocation.0 : DISPLAY STRING- (ascii): 1st floor

snmpget -v 2c -c public -t 2 wlc123 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0

system.sysName.0 : DISPLAY STRING- (ascii): wlc123

only the firmware re-quest returned with error.Thanks so much for your time!!!

Is it possible to attach a full snmpget of a working WLC and of a not working WLC?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: