ip virtual reassembly causing high cpu

Unanswered Question
May 18th, 2009

I've had ip virtual reassembly configured on my Internet router for quite some time now, but in the last 24 hours it seems that it's causing the router to eventually spike to 99% utilization. As soon as I remove the virtual assembly configuration from the inside interface the processor starts coming down. I've followed the cisco notes on troubleshooting high cpu loads based on processes or interrupts, and it appears mine is due to interrupts according to the output intrepreter. But I have cef enabled, no huge access list, I have a 10 line access list on a different interface other than the one I'm having an issue with. The utilization of the interface is less than a few percent. I'm not aware of any virus or worm outbreaks. We have an IPS in place and I don't see a huge # of warnings and my firewall log don't reveal any type of phone home behavior. Has anyone seem similar behavior when using the ip virtual reassembly command?

thank you,

Bill

I thought of something that has changed since this was working fine. I disabled split tunneling about a day before seeing these symptons.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion