CCVP 6 Frustrations

Unanswered Question

For the past couple of months I've been cramming for the CCVP exams in the hopes of getting it completed before the June 23rd deadline on the CCNA pre-req. So far I've taken TUC and CIPT1. Failed both. TUC I will admit I was not quite prepared for, however in the case of CIPT1, I read the Cisco Press book cover to cover, aced every practice test I took, and STILL failed. IMO the exam was probably the most poorly worded, and most ambiguous exam I've taken from Cisco.

I single-handedly run a medium-sized CUCM cluster for a higher-education institution. CIPT1 is just the basics!

This experience seriously has me looking to Pass4Sure or TestKing for my next exam. I've always been against methods like that for career certs, but I feel the Cisco is not really putting the effort into these exams to make sure they are really fulfilling their purpose.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dspiewak2634 Mon, 06/01/2009 - 11:30

I wholehearted agree with you, Patrick. The Voice exams have been the ugly stepchild of the Cisco cert world for some time - you should have taken some of the old CVOICE exams! What a mess they were!

The exam questions themselves are frequently ambiguous and occasionally nonsensical, but quite honestly so are the Cisco Press books. I understand that the Cisco voice world is a mixture of various different technologies and approaches, but the exams and study materials ought to be clear and intelligible, especially to those of us who have worked in the IPT field for 5+ years.

Instead, we are left with disorganized, poorly presented paragraphs, charts, examples, and graphics selected seemingly at random from various sources. A CCIE Voice can pick it all apart and understand how it all fits together, because he or she already knows it all, but to someone who's learning all this for the first time, it's gibberish.

Cisco: Please, PLEASE do yourselves a favor - sack all of your writers on voice topics, and rebuild all of your exams from scratch (except QoS, which is actually pretty good).

Actions

This Discussion