Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1250 and AIR-ANT2430V-R

2e2kkissack
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've just installed a Aironet 1250 and AIR-ANT2430V-R antenna.

I could do with some pointers on configuring the 2.4Ghz radio interface.

Role: Access Point

Goal: Blanket office coverage

Channel width: 20Mhz or 40+ ?

External Antenna Configuration: Enable

Gain: ??db

Currently I'm seeing speeds between 1Mbps and 144Mbps, with sporadic coverage.

I was expecting £900+ equipment to be better than the £10 D-link POE WAP currently installed! =]

Thank you in advance

K

4 Replies 4

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have the rp-tnc connectors fastened tightly?

How are you measuring the bitrate?

Also, have you tried using a tool such as iperf to measure actual throughput and not bitrate?

If you are running 802.11n rates on the 2.4 spectrum and plan to deploy more APs on the network, you will want to stay away from channel bonding.

We do not run 802.11n on the 2.4 side, only the 5Ghz side.

The connectors are fasted tighlty - though I will revisit.

I measured the speed and signal quality using a 2530p Elitebook/PROSet during various area surveys.

2e2kkissack
Level 1
Level 1

Am I correct in setting the Gain to +3?

I'm presuming that this is on an IOS based 1252 AP. Gain, when set on an IOS APs radio, only informs a WLSE what the gain of the antenna is for management purposes. It does not affect the actual gain of the antenna.

It's difficult to say why you are experiencing that variation in rates without knowing many more details. I have 1252 and 1142 APs working at various customers that are getting terrific connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card