cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM on 2621xm

mgadaleta
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to use SDM on 2621xm router to do VPN over DSL. SDM is working properly. Does it support VPN tunneling? Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Michael

SDM does support VPN tunneling (though I have not used it for that purpose myself). Does your question imply that you have attempted SDM and it is not giving options to do VPN? Is this is the case, my first question would be whether the software feature set you are running on the 2621XM suports VPN.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Yes, SDM is telling me to upgrade my IOS. I am currently at 12.4(15)8T. Which is supposed to support VPN. I am also using SDM v2.5. I don't think that matters much tho. Thanks!

Michael

The issue is not so much the version - 12.4(15)8T is good - but is a question of the feature set. If you are running something like the IP BASE feature set then it does not support VPN. You will need something like the Advanced Security or Advanced IP Services to get support for VPN. note that upgrading the feature set is normally something that you need to purchase. smartnet will cover upgrading versions but not feature sets.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Thanks. I am gonna try the Advanced IP Services, as it take less RAM...for now. If that doesn't work, I will go for the Advanced Sec one and upgrade my RAM (I have some here too). Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: