cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After upgrade change IP address or do it during?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My current plan was the following:

Upgrade existing 4.x cluster to 7.x. DMA tool ran fine, loaded onto the 7.x server using same name and IP address.

Customer wants to change the hostname and IP address.

Whats the best approach? Load the Subscribers to 7.x, then start changing the clusters IP address and hostnames, or

When I load the subscribers, change their IP address and host names, (but then they will not match in the Pub database and be added as "new" servers.

Im not really keen about changing anything during the install. Id rather bring up the pub/sub/sub make sure all replication works, then change the hostnames and IP addresses one at at time.

Cheers!

1 Reply 1

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

I will say definitely after the upgrade once you verify everything is working fine and there are no replication issues or anything.

Once all the servers in the cluster are running the 7.X version, then do the changes. If you do it during the upgrade it will break the

references made on the DB.

Please refer to this doc:

*** Changing the IP Address and Host Name for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.0(1) ***

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_0_1/ipchange/ipchg701.html

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: