cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bad Quality of individual Music on Hold on SPA9000

marcovitula
Level 1
Level 1

I really spent much time with the configuration of the SPA9000 and now I have two big problems:

I intend to use an individual internal music. So I converted my moh-file with ACM Converter 2.0. I know that the quality decreases when I convert my original file to a 8 khZ, 8bit ulaw audio-file, but I played it on my computer and it was quite ok. So I uploaded it via tftp onto the SPA9000. When I connect to imusic via the directory, I can hear the new file but the quality is terrible (crunching). I don't know why because it was much better when I played it on the computer and the romance.dat was also much better.

The second problem is that I only can hear internal music, when I place an internal call onto hold, external callers can't hear the internal music. I heard that there can be a codec conflict.

I would really need help, because I already spent weeks and now I can't proceed.

5 Replies 5

marcovitula
Level 1
Level 1

no one here, who can help me? Is the ulaw codec correct? Why do external callers not hear any moh? Why is the moh (if I connect via the directory to imusic) so terribly crunching?

Hi,

Per the Admin Guide, the music must be "in G.711u format, sampled at 8000 samples/sec with no file

header, up to 65.5 seconds in length"

I've attached an old Application note that may be of help to you.

External callers may not hear MoH because of the codec that is used for the call. Often, callers from mobile phones will not hear MoH but callers from land lines will.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hi!

Thank you. I will try to convert it again according to your document and send a reply if it works.

Hi!

Thank you!!

I followed your advice and now the quality of the internal music is good. It had really something to do with the conversion.

External callers may not hear MoH because of the codec that is used for the call. Often, callers from mobile phones will not hear MoH but callers from land lines will.

There is one very strange thing:

if I call with my mobile phone (cell phone), I can't hear the internal music, if the spa942 puts the call on hold, but when I retrieve the call, I can shortly hear the internal music for about half a second. So it cannot be a codec-problem as I supposed before. Can there be any other setting I have forgotten?

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for letting me know that you have been able to improve the quality of the MoH file you authored.

The second issue you mention is interesting. Can you please send to me at paborn at Cisco, the configuration file from your:

SPA9000: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-3027

SPA942: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-2982

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: