cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory number presentation

j.bedoya
Level 1
Level 1

It would be of great help if someone knows how to avoid presenting a number for internal phone calls. A specific team would like to present the team name only (not their extension number)

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since there is no mention of what you're using i'll assume CUCM 7.0

Use a translation pattern as a middle man for the calls and configure the calling party number presentation as restricted

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thanks Java,

It is ok to assume it is CUCM 7.0. Your suggestion implies removing the "Internal" partion from the IP phone CSS (as it is for internal calls). It will work for normal phones but not for Extension Mobility phones. Is that right?

why wouldn't it work for EM???

You have a line CSS and a device CSS as you have with your phone.

Just instead of A calling B

A calls TP, TP calls B.

A CANNOT reach B directly, the translation patterns hides whatever info you want

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks again for your input.

In order for A not to reach B, we have to do the following:

Remove Partition B from A CSS at the device level and add the "man in the middle" partition to A Device CSSs. In this case, it will work only if the user is logged in on a particular physical phone. As soon as the user goes to a different phone it won't work.

I have been thinking on how to do this at the line level, but because at the device level they can call "any where" and any extension is more specific than any pattern to call the "man in the middle" translation pattern, it won't work :(.

am I right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: