Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Share DSP C549 between Voice termination and transcoding

Hi all,

I wanna share a c549 between transcoding and voice termination.

I know that 1 DSP can handle 4 simultaneous medium complexity calls (e.g. G.711 or G.729a codec) or 2 simultaneous high complexity calls (e.g. G729 or G729b) or 4 transcoding sessions(between any codecs).

I don't know something more granular for sessions calculations(e.g. 240 MIPS for DSP C5510).

So, can somebody tell me if I have 6 timeslots T1 and, let-s say, 1 x PVDM-12, how many transcoding sessions could I have with remaining resources? How do you calculate this?

Many thanks in advance,

Cristian

2 Replies 2

From my tests I would say that a C549 can not be shared between transcoding and voice termination. So, if we have 6 E1 timeslots we will have 2 C549 DSPs fully charged with voice termination even on the second DSP we have only 2 channels busy with voice termination.

In conclusion, if we have 1 x PVDM-12(3 x C549 DSPs) we can configure 6 timeslots and 4 transcoding sessions.

Can somebody confirm this? I can't find a good doc that stats a C549 can not be shared.

Thanks,

Cristian

Anybody? Anything?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: