Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kron - commmand Scheduler!

Hi,

I have configured kron based commands on my routers & switches to automate Configuration backups. I've pointed this to one of my windows system to have all the configuration files stored.

The configurations is as provided below:

kron occurrence backup at 06:00 recurring

policy-list backup

!

kron policy-list backup

cli show run | redirect tftp://x.x.x.x/router.cfg

With this configurations, most of my routers' configurations are getting backed up. However, I am seeing that all the files for the switches are blank.

i.e, the files are being generated but is blank (I do not see the 'sh run' output). Please assist!

P.S : Please note that all the swithes mentioned are IOS based (CatOS doesn't support kron)

!

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Can anyone assist me on this?

"You can only use privileged-mode commands with kron; it doesn't allow any Global or Interface configuration commands. This is because it executes each command separately."

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5553313.html

Hi,

As per the document, kron command was introduced in Cisco IOS 12.3(1). So, this should mean that IOS images of version Cisco IOS 12.3(1) & above will be able to run kron-based jobs successfully.

Please note that the latest IOS release for Cisco 4500 series is 12.2(50)SG & some of my switches are running this IOS. Does this mean that 'kron-based' jobs won't work on any of the Cisco IOS based-switches as well ?

Also, most of my routers / gateways are all running IOS higher that Cisco 12.3(1). Kron-based commands were accepted & I have successfully configured across most of the devices. Howver, some of the device-configurations aren't getting backed up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco