Views
Helpful
Replies

Asa Transparent in a switch with VLAN

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all

i want configure a switch with 2 different Vlan. I want to use this 2 different VLan for attach in a vlan the outside interface of my asa (that is setup as transparent firewall) and in the other Vlan attach the internal interface of my asa .

Is possible use this configuration ?

I want to setup that because I have the internet router that i want attach in the vlan 1 ( with the outside interface of asa) and then attach in the vlan 2 ( that is internal interface of asa) my protected servers .

I try to use this configuration but asa seems not work ..

thank to all !

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

In transparent mode the ASA need's to be "in-line" on the network. What you are suggesting is to have the ASA as a transparent layer 3 routing device, AFAIK this is not possible.

HTH>

thank for your reply !

you suggest to use a dedicated (separated) hub/switch for internal interface in transparent firewall configuration ?

I attached a schema with two configuration, first i want to realize the configuration that is called "wrong configuration", but after your mail i suppose that in transparent mode the configuration that i can realize is that i call in my attached schema "right configuration" Can you send me your opinion ?

thank very much !!!

Let me ask you - why must you have the firewall in transparent mode?

Hi

because asa is a second firewall .

have you seen my schema ?

Your diagram does not show another firewall?

In any case your diagram is correct for the "Right Configuration" to place the ASA "in-line" for transparent mode.

ok thank you

in my schema the first firewall is not present but it is first the asa .

Thank very much for your reply , when i try to use the "wrong schema" performance of internet access were reduced, and the asa working in strange manner ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card