Views
Helpful
Replies

Asa Transparent in a switch with VLAN

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all

i want configure a switch with 2 different Vlan. I want to use this 2 different VLan for attach in a vlan the outside interface of my asa (that is setup as transparent firewall) and in the other Vlan attach the internal interface of my asa .

Is possible use this configuration ?

I want to setup that because I have the internet router that i want attach in the vlan 1 ( with the outside interface of asa) and then attach in the vlan 2 ( that is internal interface of asa) my protected servers .

I try to use this configuration but asa seems not work ..

thank to all !

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

In transparent mode the ASA need's to be "in-line" on the network. What you are suggesting is to have the ASA as a transparent layer 3 routing device, AFAIK this is not possible.

HTH>

thank for your reply !

you suggest to use a dedicated (separated) hub/switch for internal interface in transparent firewall configuration ?

I attached a schema with two configuration, first i want to realize the configuration that is called "wrong configuration", but after your mail i suppose that in transparent mode the configuration that i can realize is that i call in my attached schema "right configuration" Can you send me your opinion ?

thank very much !!!

Let me ask you - why must you have the firewall in transparent mode?

Hi

because asa is a second firewall .

have you seen my schema ?

Your diagram does not show another firewall?

In any case your diagram is correct for the "Right Configuration" to place the ASA "in-line" for transparent mode.

ok thank you

in my schema the first firewall is not present but it is first the asa .

Thank very much for your reply , when i try to use the "wrong schema" performance of internet access were reduced, and the asa working in strange manner ..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card