Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP 7911 phones

sullyjman
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Got a quick question, we purchased and installed a bunch of 7911s last year for a location. Over the last year I have had to replace several of the phones (about 20) within the first year. The warranty ran out on them and now im having to purchase replacements.

The symptons I am having is I will come into a room and the phone will be powered off (we have POE switches). When I plug the phone in the phone LED lights will flash for a second and then nothing else. Nothing ever comes up on the LCD screen at all during this time. I have moved it to different ports with the same results. We are a huge Cisco shop that has mainly 7940/60s and never had a problem with them. Has anyone else had this problem?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are corrupt flash issues usually recoverable.

Power off, hold # when powering up, wait for the LED to flash in sequence. Release #, press 0123456789*0#. Phone will factory reset and request term11.default.loads and the associated FW files. You must have these on your TFTP server.

Thank you, I will give that a try and report back!!!

Any reason why this happens? The phones were installed fine and it just seems randomly they decided to start doing this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: