Documentation for customizing 7945G/7965G in CUCME?

Answered Question
May 19th, 2009

Is there an administration guide for customizing the 7945G and 7965G in CUCME?

I'm running CUCME 4.2 and all the documentation I can find is specific to CUCM.

Also, is Cisco Phone Designer supported in CUCME, or are there plans to support it?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Paolo Bevilacqua about 7 years 8 months ago

This is what CUCME can do. CUCM is a separate product and you should not assume that whayt one does the other as well does.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
pdesch Tue, 05/19/2009 - 12:19

So is it safe to say that this is a limitation of using CUCME as opposed to CUCM?

Correct Answer
Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 05/19/2009 - 12:39

This is what CUCME can do. CUCM is a separate product and you should not assume that whayt one does the other as well does.

pdesch Tue, 05/19/2009 - 12:43

point taken...still would be nice to see an Administration guide for these new phones and what is supported new-feature-wise on CUCME though =)

Paolo Bevilacqua Tue, 05/19/2009 - 13:09

The new phones don't do much different than the older ones. There is a very good administrator guide in which at the very beginning all the new features are noted so you can easily look for what you're interested in.

pdesch Fri, 05/22/2009 - 13:20

Let me rephrase...I need to know where I can access the "phone specific configuration" in CUCME.

In CUCM you go to devices->phone->phone specific configuration in the GUI, but I see no such thing in the CUCME GUI...is this just a limitation of the CUCME?

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 05/22/2009 - 13:24

Under ephone in both CLI and GUI. But, the GUI doesn't do everything or do it poorly so use the CLI.

Actions

This Discussion