desrochj1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to CiscoWorks.

Some part of my network is over a MPLS

cloud. Ciscoworks can't discover those

devices. I tried to place seeds and it

still doesn't work. all devices crossing the MPLS cloud is in the same subnet and

has correct credential and commmunity.

what is the correct way to see over the mpls cloud ?

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are using LMS 3.0.1 or higher, you can use discovery protocols other than CDP (e.g. ping sweeps, ARP tables, routing tables, etc.). However, Campus Manager will only show a layer 2 topology for devices which are interconnected with CDP.

To configure Common Services Discovery in LMS 3.0.1 and higher, go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery.

Hello,

in each branch, devices are interconnected with CDP but i have to cross the MPLS cloud.they are like 3 or 4 hops away. First device (gateway)

for each branch is in the same subnet

in the mpls cloud.

How can i see every branch in campus

manager ? i tried different settings

for device discovery and it doesnt

work.

thanks for help

What version of Campus Manager do you have?

if you go to Common Service > Device and Credentials > Device Discovery you see the Discovery Summary Table; Click on "Total Devices Discovered" and see if these devices are listed there and how the status is. Also, by which module where they found?

You can also enable "debug snmp packets" on one device and test SNMP reachability by entering the device ip address in LMS "Device Center". For this go to "Snmp Walk", enter the correct community string and do a snmpwalk on "system" as the starting OID. Check on the device if the SNMP packets are finding their way to the device.

those devices are not automatically discovered.(devices that are routed via mpls cloud). i can manually reach them

with snmp walk feature. correct credential and community is applied

on those devices.

thanks for help

I have Campus Manager 5.11

LMS 3.1

would it be an option to add one device in the branch as a seed device for one location - just to see how it behaves (what is the discovered IP, will it be reachable etc)

does the config on the remote site has the command 'cdp source-interface' in its config?

can you reache the device via SNMP from the LMS Server or from your client?

ok it worked adding seed devices

of different branch office.

I don't want to enter each router

of each branch. Can i specify a /24 subnet as a seed ? each main router of each branch office is in the same subnet.

so it would capture all the routers in each branch office

thanks for help

Seed devices can only be devices. However, if you're using the ping sweep module, you can configure a subnet range. Go to your "Ping sweep on IP range" settings, and add a seed entry for:

X.X.X.X

With a subnet mask of:

Adjust the other settings as desired. This should allow you to pick up all of the branches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: