cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed Email Delivery for Meeting Place Express (MPE)

gregorysco
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue where the conference scheduler creates a new conference in MPE and the email notification can take up to two hours to be delivered. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some things on the MPE server that I could look at that may be causing the problem. I have no control over the SMTP server. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

If you send a normal e-mail through the same Exchange server is this received on a timely manner?

Check if the delay occurs for external or internal users or both, if this is only happening for guest users, you might want to check the guest profile.

Also make sure that the SMTP server is on the same subnet as the MPE server.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Teresa.

If it helps, please rate! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Regular emails go in a timely manner. If I issue EHLO, etc. commands from the server they go immediately. I notice that the email notification queue is holding the notifications with the notes: New meeting scheduled. Queued for delivery. Is there a timer on the server that clears this queue more often. Thanks for your response.

I had created a mailbox for the meeting place on the SMTP server, and configured the server IP address and this user on the "SMTP server configuration"

and enabled the users to recive notifications

Should i do anything else?

Also, if there was a firewall between the meeting place and SMTP server, what ports should i open?

Hi,

I have the exact same problem here. Notifications get scheduled but not sent immediately. I use Exchange to send e-mails and I do receive the test e-mails so I assume the problem lies not with e-mail configuration.

Have you ever found a solution to this?

lukas.

I switched back to SMTP server (instead of Exchange) and there changed the hostname in the field 'Primary SMTP Server' to another DNS name (I first used mailhost.xyz.com and now I use mail.xyz.com, but both point to the same IP addresses).

Anyway, meeting notifications get sent immediately with this new SMTP configuration.

My new problem now is that only internal e-mails are being sent. E-Mails to users located in another domain seem to just disappear somewhere. I don't get a log entry on MPE and neither do I get a log entry on my (linux) smtp mail gateway.

lukas.