Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic question:

scott.bridges
Level 1
Level 1

I've never dealt with VoIP.

A friend is letting me look around a configuration (not change).

He gave me an IP of a UC500. I SSH, get a user prompt, enter the username I was given, and get incorrect login return. This is just a bad password right? There is nothing special to getting into a UC500 that I need to know about? Using Putty.

Also,

He included another "Cisco Voice Mail" with Unity Express 3.1 CME GUI. How do I take a look at this? Do I need to install Cisco CallManager Express to view this? If so, where do I download?

Thanks for any tips.

3 Replies 3

Adrian Saavedra
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

"He gave me an IP of a UC500. I SSH, get a user prompt, enter the username I was given, and get incorrect login return. This is just a bad password right? There is nothing special to getting into a UC500 that I need to know about? Using Putty."

There's nothing special on UC500. You can SSH or telnet like any other router. If you can't login, there's some mistake with your user or password.

"He included another "Cisco Voice Mail" with Unity Express 3.1 CME GUI. How do I take a look at this? Do I need to install Cisco CallManager Express to view this? If so, where do I download?"

UC500 includes CUE and CME. After configuring CUE and CME appropiately, you can login to CUE module and see its configuration:

UC500# service-module service-Engine session

CUE# show run

Hope it helps. please rate if it does.

Good luck.

- Adrián.

Thanks Adrian, Much appreciate the info.

So with the "CUE and CME":

Once I'm able to log into the UC500, I'll be able to download & install the CME?

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with Cisco GUI's. Trying to learn.

Thanks for your reply!

Hi friend, whrn you login to UC500, you will be able to configure it; define the phone features (speed dials, directory number, etc), the AA number, the voicemail number, the dial plan, etc.

All the necessary files (CCME IOS, phone firmware, CUE module) are already loaded for UC500.

All the best.

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: