Hi, what is the meaning of following timer

Line Console 0

Absolute-timeout 0

3 Replies 3

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rupesh ,

To set the interval for closing the connection, use the absolute-timeout command in line configuration mode. To restore the default, use the no form of this command.

absolute-timeout minutes

no absolute-timeout

The following example sets an interval of 60 minutes on line 5:

line 5

absolute-timeout 60

Related Commands

Command Description

exec-timeout

Sets the interval that the EXEC command interpreter waits until user input is detected.

logout-warning

Sets and displays a warning for users about an impending forced timeout.

session-timeout

Sets the interval for closing the connection on a console or terminal line.

Thanks,

Satish

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Rupesh ,

Use the absolute-timeout command line configuration command to configure the EXEC to terminate when the configured number of minutes occurs on the virtual terminal (vty) line. The absolute-timeout command terminates the connection after the specified time period has elapsed, regardless of whether the connection is being used at the time of termination. You can specify an absolute-timeout value for each port. The user is given 20 seconds notice before the session is terminated. You can use this command along with the logout-warning command to notify users of an impending logout.

Cisco IOS software also provides the session-timeout and exec-timeout line configuration commands for releasing lines when they have been idle for too long.

You can set the absolute-timeout command and an AppleTalk Remote Access Protocol (ARAP) timeout for the same line; however, this command supersedes any timeouts set in ARAP. Additionally, ARAP users will receive no notice of any impending termination if you use this command.

Cheers ,

Satish

Thanks. What should I do , If I want Absolute timer as Infinitive ? Should I mark as zero or any other figure ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card